Brompton Road – Temporary Prohibition of Stopping
- Posted on in Kensington & Chelsea
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A4 GLA ROAD (BROMPTON ROAD, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF STOPPING) ORDER 2016
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1), (5), (7) and 15(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and is satisfied that these works will last in excess of 18 months for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable redevelopment works to take place at Nos.27 to 83 A4 Brompton Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle:
(1) from stopping in the loading bay outside Nos. 33-37 A4 Brompton Road;
(2) except authorised vehicles from stopping on the south-east side of A4 Brompton Road outside Nos.5-19 to load or unload materials.
For the purposes of the Order authorised vehicles are those vehicles being used in connection with the redevelopment of Nos.27-83 Brompton Road.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 12:01 AM on the 2nd November 2016 until the works have been completed.
The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. The Order will be revoked upon completion of these works.
Dated this 1st day of November 2016
Network Impact Management Team Manager,
Road Space Management – Operations,
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road,
London, SE1 8NJ